About the Photographers
- Who will be photographing our wedding?
Shannon Belletti will always be the principal photographer at your wedding.
- Do you work with an assistant and/or second shooter?
Yes. Given the importance of the day, it is vital to have a second shooter present. Not only do they keep the equipment ready at all times, they provide a second perspective in capturing moments throughout the day.
- What is your primary style of photography?
I like to capture the essence and emotion of your wedding day while still providing those formal shots you require. My style is really a blend of artistic shots, candids and traditional formal portraits.
- Do you shoot weddings full-time or is this a weekend job?
I have been a full-time professional photographer since 2004 and photographed over 200 weddings and counting.
- Do you have formal training or are you self-taught?
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Texas. Additionally, I have formal training in the fields of portraiture, studio lighting, and digital editing as well as more than a decade of professional photography and graphic design experience.
- Are you a member of any professional associations?
Yes, I am a member of Professional Photographers of America (PPA), Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP) and Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI).
- Are you a registered business with the proper sales tax certificate?
Yes, and I will be happy to provide documentation upon request.
- Do you have business liability insurance? It's required by my venue.
Yes, and I will be happy to provide documentation to them upon request.
- How many other events will you also photograph on our wedding day?
I will only accept one booking per day, and frequently only accept one event per weekend.
- How many weddings do you photograph annually?
Because I am so personally involved with each of my couples, I limit my wedding commissions to no more than 30 per year.
- How often should we meet to go over the wedding details?
You may meet with me as often as you like!
- If you haven't been to our venue, will you go there before the wedding? Do we need to go with you?
Yes, I can visit your venue prior to the wedding to choose the best lighting and locations. You are welcome to accompany me if you like, but it isn't required.
- What kind of camera system do you use?
I use only professional quality Canon digital cameras and lenses. I can provide an equipment list upon request.
- Do you carry back-up equipment?
Yes. I always carry back-up equipment, and I use multiple memory cards rather than a single large card.
- How many photographs will you take?
For a typical wedding, you can expect to receive 800-1000 proofs although it's possible to have even more.
- What kind of input can we have on the direction of the shots? Can we give you a shot list to work from?
You are encouraged to be as involved as you wish to be! I am happy to add your requested shots to my own shot list.
- Can other people take photos while you are taking photos?
Yes, of course! However, during any formal portraits it is suggested that you request your guests to wait until after I have completed my work. This ensures that there are no distractions or delays.
- Can we view and order our pictures online?
Yes, you can! Your images are generally posted online within 2-4 weeks, and you & your guests may order prints directly through the website.
- Can we have the digital negatives/high-resolution files?
Yes, the full-size, high-resolution digital files are included in every wedding commission.
The Wedding Album
- What is a "coffee-table" album?
A coffee-table album, also known as a flush-mount or magazine style album, is made by creating a collage of images on page layouts in Photoshop and then printing those page layouts as large photographic collage prints. These are then bound into a book and the edges trimmed so that the images go all the way to the edge of the page.
- Can we make choices regarding our album cover, page colors, etc. or are they stock products?
Yes, you may personalize your wedding album. Every book I create is custom-designed and made to your requirements. For example, covers can be made from silk, leather, wood, acrylic or metal, and new options are added every year.
- We want a different size album than the standard ones you offer. Can you get different sizes or add more pages?
Yes, I can order albums in a variety of sizes. My "standard" packages include the most requested sizes, but I am happy to create a new package for you based on the size and type of album you desire.
- Do we get to choose the images that will go in our album?
Yes. I am also happy to provide any assistance you need in making your final selections.
- Do you charge a fee to retouch the images that will go in our album?
All album images have retouching included at no extra charge.
- Will we get to see a "predesign" of our album before it's made?
Yes, your album draft will be posted online for you to review. You may make as many changes as you like (at no additional charge), and your album will be ordered once I receive your final approval.
- How long does it take to get our completed wedding album?
Because each album is a custom creation, please allow 4-6 weeks from the date you approve your final layout. Allow extra time if you place your order near the winter holidays.
Prints and Add-ons
- Are your prints "real" photographs or inkjet prints?
All photographs are photographically printed at a professional laboratory and are not inkjet prints.
- If our photographs need retouching, is there an extra charge?
Basic retouching (removal of blemishes, scars, dirt, etc.) for album images & ordered prints is included.
- Can we have any black and white or sepia pictures?
Yes, of course. One of the advantages to shooting digitally is that you don't have to decide if you want color or B&W/sepia before the wedding. You can choose the best look for each individual image after the wedding.
- Can you create Save the Date and/or Thank You cards for us?
Yes, I am happy to design and print cards for you using any of the images we take.
- How long do we have to order reprints?
Your online proofs are available for nine months from the date they are uploaded, and you can continue to order prints & other products directly from me after that as well.
- Do you offer parent albums? What about mini-books/mini-albums?
Yes, I offer a variety of parent and mini-albums in both traditional and coffee-table styles.
Pricing and Payment
- How far in advance do we need to book?
I accept commissions on a first-come, first-serve basis. You should be completely comfortable in your choice of wedding photographer, but keep in mind that certain dates & seasons are very popular so once you have made your decision please confirm the date as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- What if we know we want to book you, but we aren't sure which package we want?
You may upgrade your wedding package at any time, so some couples choose to book the smallest package to "lock me in" as their photographer and then simply upgrade to the album package they want at a later date.
Please note that packages & pricing may change without notice, however, so it's often best to make your selections early to guarantee the best price.
- Is a retainer required to book your services? When is the balance due?
A non-refundable retainer is required to secure the wedding date. The remaining balance is due one month before the wedding.
- Do you charge a fee if the wedding and reception are in more than one location? What if we want to go to a third location for pictures?
There are no additional travel fees as long as the locations are within the same local Atlanta-metro area. Please inquire about travel outside the Atlanta-metro area.
- How much time will you spend with us on the wedding day?
Although a "typical" wedding day requires about 8 hours of coverage, I do offer packages with other options and I'm happy to create a custom package based on your needs.
- Can we make payments rather than paying one lump sum?
Yes. You may make payments as long as the balance is paid in full one month before the wedding day.
- Do you take credit cards?
Yes. I accept cash, check and secure credit card payments. Credit card payments may be subject to a 3% processing fee.
Additional Photo Sessions
- Can you take our engagement or bridal portrait?
Absolutely. You may add an engagement or bridal session at any time.
- Where should we take our engagement pictures?
Most couples choose to take their engagement pictures at a location that holds some personal meaning to them. If you need some help choosing a location, I will be happy to help.
- How soon should we have our engagement/bridal photos taken?
You should schedule these at least 4-6 weeks before the wedding to allow plenty of time for printing and framing of the images. If you plan to announce your engagement in the newspaper, please plan to have your text and photo to them at least 2 weeks before you'd like it to run in the paper. For Save-the-Date cards & magnets, you'll want to schedule your shoot 4-6 weeks before you wish to mail them.
- Would you photograph our rehearsal dinner?
Yes! Based on my availability, you may book me to photograph your rehearsal dinner for an additional fee.